Monday 6 December 2010

Blue Hills Survey 13/11/10

After visiting the Cornwall Records Office, it was still apparent that I needed to get an idea of the scale of one of the engine houses, as well have have some existing drawings to work from in order to design a proposal.  So I decided that to conduct a survey of one of my chosen sites at the Blue Hills Tin mine in St Agnes.  


Ben Crossland, who is currently doing a MSc at the Camborne School of Mines, in Land Survey agreed to help me conduct the survey.  Not only did this site visit give me a chance to collect some raw data and my own primary research, it also allowed me to get a grasp of the surrounding area, assess access route, views and vistas etc, as well as inspect the current state of the existing engine house structure.


Please see below for photographs:






No comments:

Post a Comment